Important Information Regarding Target's Data Breach
At Fidelity Bank, your security is our top priority. We wanted to make you aware of a recent breach of debit and credit card information at Target stores across the country, affecting more than 40 million cardholders. The breach took place between November 27 and December 15, 2013, and affected point-of-sale purchases only (no online shoppers are affected). We are working diligently with our debit card processesor to gather more information as it pertains to Fidelity Bank cardholders, and will provide more information as soon as we have it.
Currently, our Fraud Protection Program has been heightened to make sure any suspicious transactions on any of our customers' accounts raise an alert. Suspicious transactions include, but are not limited to:
- International and out-of-state transactions
- In store transactions that happen in multiple locations simultaneously
- In store transactions that occur outside of normal shopping patterns
- Online transactions that have large dollar values
We have been notified that some of our customers are on the Target list, and have taken the proper steps to ensure their safety. We would also encourage each of your to remain vigilant. You may consider taking the following actions:
- On an individual basis, you can shut off transactions occuring online and in-store by contacting our Customer Care Center at 1-800-3884380.
- You may set up email alerts using our Messenger service within Online Banking. This helpful tool will alert you via email each time a transaction over a certain dollar amount is made to or from your account.
- Rountinely check your statements through Online Banking to make sure you do not see any suspicious activity. If you're not currently enrolled in Online Banking, you may do so by clicking here.
- You may close your current debit card and open a new one by contacting our Customer Care Center.
Please remember that if you suspect any suspicious or unusual activity on your account, you should call us immediately at 1-800-388-4380, seven days a week.
back to news