We are excited to announce that on Friday, September 30, 2016, Fidelity Bank and Wayne Bank jointly announced an agreement for Fidelity Bank to acquire the loans and deposits from the Wayne Bank, West Scranton office.
We would like to formally welcome you to the Fidelity Bank Family. You will be joining a bank with a 113 year history of helping Lackawanna and Luzerne County families meet their financial goals and wishes. To provide you greater convenience for all your personal and business banking needs, there are 10 community banking office locations, 8 within Lackawanna County and 3 within the City of Scranton. Additionally, we have ATMs set up in great locations throughout the city including the Scranton Cultural Center, the Shoppes at Montage, Marywood University, to name a few.
As your accounts move from one great community bank to another, our goal is to make your transition to Fidelity Bank as seamless as possible. We expect this transition to take place sometime in March. Your accounts will be transferred to our West Scranton branch office at 400 S. Main Avenue where it intersects Luzerne Street, just 2 blocks away from your current location. We will be following up this correspondence with additional details as they are confirmed.
You will be joining a bank that prides itself on a customer experience second to none. Fidelity Bank has been named “Best Bank” by the readers of the Scranton Times for 3 years in a row. We strive to continue our mission of serving our area as trusted financial advisor and here are some examples of how we’re doing it:
• We are the leading home mortgage lender in Lackawanna County for the last 6 years, providing financing to over 2,400 local homeowners
• Our Bank has provided over $95.6 million in loans to 389 area businesses for startup, growth and expansion in NEPA, creating local jobs and sustaining our communities
• Access to the Bank is provided 24 hour a day, 7 day a week through our website www.bankatfidelity.com
• Our Customer Care Center is staffed with Fidelity Bankers at 800-388-4380. This staff can help with all your banking (except for depositing cash!) 7 days a week
• Nationally, American Banker has named Fidelity Bank a “Top 200 Community Bank in the Country,” for 3 years in a row
• Bauer Financial, an independent bank watchdog, awarded Fidelity Bank with a 5 Star Bauer Rating… their highest possible ranking
• Over the last 4 years, the Bank has provided almost $2 million in financial contributions in support of local charities and community organizations
On behalf of all the Fidelity Bankers, we look forward to the opportunity to serve your financial needs.
Daniel J. Santaniello
President and CEO
How do I move direct deposits over so that there is no lapse in my accounts?
Fidelity Bank will communicate directly with all customers to help you move over all your direct deposits, as well as web bill pay and other electronic items over as seamlessly as possible.
How will all the accounts be transferred between Banks?
Wayne Bank and Fidelity Bank will transfer all account information, balances, and details electronically.
Will my interest rate change on my CD?
No, all terms and conditions will remain the same until your CD matures.
I don’t do online banking?
That is perfectly fine. Online banking is a tool to be used if you are comfortable using it. We have other ways to interact with the bank – our branch network, and our Customer Care Center that is open 7 days a week will be happy to assist you.
How will I access Internet, Mobile, or Telephone Banking?
We will be distributing a Customer Conversion Guide to you that will be provide specific information relative to accessing Fidelity’s digital banking, including new URLs, apps, and toll free phone number.
Can I bank only at West Scranton?
You can do your banking at any branch in the Fidelity Bank system – we have 11 branches throughout Lackawanna and Luzerne County. Additionally, our Customer Care Center is open 7 days a week to assist you. Online Banking is also an option.
Will my account numbers change?
We are working through these details now. When accounts are mapped over to our system, we will be contacting you directly to let you know exactly how this will happen.