You put your trust in Fidelity Bank to keep your personal information safe. We don’t take that lightly, and do everything in our power to protect your confidentiality at every turn, because as your trusted financial partner it is one of our fundamental responsibilities.
Fidelity Bank will never request confidential information via e-mail solicitation. Please report any such requests by calling 1-800-388-4380.
Protect Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Never send your SSN by unsecured email to anyone.
- Request another number on your drivers’ license instead of your SSN.
- Never carry your SSN in your wallet.
- Do not print your SSN on your checks.
- Do not give your SSN out just because someone asks for it. Understand why they need it and know whom you are doing business with.
Protect Other Personal Information
- Never keep PINs (Personal Identification Number) and Passwords in your wallet or any visible location.
- Be aware when using your PIN number that it should be protected.
- Be aware of giving personal information over the phone, by email and over the internet, unless you have initiated the contact.
- Be suspicious of anyone who calls you requesting personal information.
- Shred any personal information or documents you no longer need that could be used to establish an identity in your name:
- Pay Stubs
- Pre-approved credit offers
- Shopping receipts
- Utility and phone bills
- Insurance documents
- Obtain your credit report regularly to check for fraud.
- Review your bank and credit card statements for accuracy.